PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parachute Dropping
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2006, 16:39
Canada Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much can you expect to earn flying a turbine on a busy dropzone in Europe?
An army bloke told me of a place in Germany where he was based (or near where he was based) that uses civilian pilots to fly turbines. It wouldn't have suited my circumstances so I didn't pay too much attention to what he told me, but he did say it was paid, albeit it poorly !
Believe it or not, Search puts the highest load on our servers, so anything that cuts that load down is good news for our bills!
Yes that does come as a bit of a surprise, but then on reflection not so ! Probably not helped any by the likes of me performing searches with default criteria set for maximum search potential ! ;-) At the end of the day though I appreciate that we users don't pay any subscriptions to use what is a great site ……… so no complaints here !!
This is not to say that all dropping jobs are death traps - there are some well-run operations out there. Just have your eyes very wide open and consider what you are being asked to do very carefully
..........True. You do have to have your wits about you and some DZ's are just rough grass strips in farmers fields with hazards all around ! Where I fly, the pilots word is final, but that said it wouldn't go down well if you said no every time a few clouds appeared !
CG.