PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nurse fury at Ryanair as woman dies on flight from Italy
Old 26th Sep 2006, 13:58
eidah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by apaddyinuk
This thread is absolutely terrifying!!! Another reason why I will be advising all my friends and family to never touch Ryanair with a bargepole!!! Id the crew had been properly trained they would know where the First Aid kits were, they would know that they contain latex gloves and face shields and THEY WOULD KNOW HOW TO USE THEM!!!

Surely the crew member who can only take a pulse is not fully legal to be flying under Irish Aviation regulations???

I actually know the nurse from Malahide so next time Im home I shall be having an interesting chat with her!
I would like to make it clear that the crew are properly trained they know where the equipment is everyday there is a briefing as with most other airlines in that briefing it discuses the day etc etc how many passengers and speicifc detail i.e. if theres going to be turbulence etc etc then at the end each crew member is asked by the supervisor safety questions these questions relate to first aid, drills, equipment location, use of equipment if they do not answer these questions they do not fly it as simple as that. Every year there is recurent training where they go through all the first aid drills procedures etc etc then at the end an exam with a very high pass rate fail that you do not fly they dont have a job.