PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Cost mentality!
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2006, 10:58
orgasmotron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low cost to ELS? Can only be 1 Time. They had a big delay in ELS just a few days agao due to no APU and Copco u.s. (I was one of the pax stranded. Capt. and cabin crew did an excellent job of keeping us informed). Obviously slow learners. My 2 cents worth. To dispatch out of your maintenance base with a known defect to an outstantion without much traffic an only relying on ground support equipment maintained by Equity and used once every 12 months is plain idiotic. To keep an engine running may be acceptable if the APU would not start after landing, that is a contingency plan and would justify alternate procedures. But doing so on a scheduled passenger flight as a normal procedure? Bit Mickey Mouse I would say. I know also that 1 Time does not have engineers in ELS and the pilots have to do the LTX, refuelling etc. (Is that legal for Part 121 Ops ?)SAFAIR is their but they are not utilized excepet in an emergency. Seems like the Captain in question made a very sensible and informed decision. He has obviously been around. Seems like desperate measures maybe? Pity though always seemed like a jacked crowd at 1 Time. Pilot's I've met a lot of super guys.