PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF "Utterly, Utterly, Useless" in Afghanistan
Old 26th Sep 2006, 10:06
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take it that you are no longer trying to find out if the USMC have a female pilot operating in Afg then? As far as I understand USMC were not in Afg on the dates mentioned. I doubt you have been to war, to question the Major's account because he could not tell the difference between strafe and rocket on the ground, from the comfort of your home is truly pathetic. The Harrier pilot explained the difficulty of Brit ROE, and the difficulty of flying the jet in very high workload situations. For me they are all bloody brave, doing an unbelievable job, in terrible conditions. I suggest you find some soldiers who have served in Afg, maybe that will help with your empathy. They have seen their colleagues blown to pieces, they have cut out dead colleagues from thin skinned Land Rovers, some have suffered malnutrition, V&D, sleep deprivation, nightmares. Where do you want me to stop?

He is the boss, if he wants to sound off at the RAF, well, I think he should be allowed to. Don't you?

Last edited by nigegilb; 26th Sep 2006 at 10:19.