PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2006, 09:49
SaddamsLoveChild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JPA Farce

I asked for an advance of rates prior to deploying to Iraq because of the unorthodox manner in which I was briefed and transported. It was paid 10 days after I needed it, and whats more they tried to reclaim it in full from my pay 30 days after it was issued. I had no JPA terminal in the AOR I was working hence I could not complete the correct forms and submit them. My pay has been screwed up since May and has not been corrected for 5 months and other than welfare phonecalls I am unable to do anything. When I get home the RAF wont have access because of Senior Service primacy while their pay is messed about and I am about 2K short. Luckily Mrs SLC has her own account and is able to monitor mine (you can give access to others to your account if you trust them enough).

What I have done that may be of use to others is sent a tersely worded email to the email helpdesk and must have got one of the few competent caring people there; it was answered within a day and all recoveries were frozen until my return. I think they are trying to help and it cant be easy for those that are professional and care.

You can sue your station commander or take him to the small claims court because he is the Senior Officer directly responsible for you. Its a gutsy move and comes with its own hazards. I sent my Stn Cdr a solicitors letter a few years ago when my pay had been completely screwed up for 9 months, it was sorted out in 2 weeks. But if you do ......dust off your No 1's you will be seeing the inside of a lot of offices.