PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When to give up
Thread: When to give up
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2006, 09:22
J.A.F.O.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Like you I try to plan for the "what next" and budget accordingly but the truth of the matter is that none of us knows what's next.

I started flying 20 years ago and have gone for years on end without getting airborne and, conversely, have spent years when I've hardly been on the ground.

I couldn't have foreseen the way that flying, and my flying in particular, would go.

The main point is that I've enjoyed every second of being airborne whether it be as pax, crew, P u/t, P1, whatever.

I've recently done a tailwheel conversion and I found it quite difficult, not the flying but the taking-off, landing and taxying - all of which are fairly important. I tried hard and wouldn't let it beat me and it did beat me every single time; I chilled out, had fun, enjoyed myself and bingo, it worked.

Enjoy today, enjoy the flight, we are very, very priveleged people to be able to view the world from the perspective that we do; enjoy it and don't worry about the next flight or next year or where it's all going. One of the great things about flying and about learning something new is that it makes us concentrate on the here and now and that's where life is.