PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When to give up
Thread: When to give up
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2006, 09:00
cessna l plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got to agree. I fly for this reason alone.
At work I am stressed, at home is the same, mainly as the phone never stops for work.
When I am flying, the phone is turned off, no-one is bugging me, and I recognise that I must devote my grey matter to the event in hand, I don't fancy becoming another statistic!

One thing to consider is this. We are all driven by money, some more than others, but it plays its part in all of us. If you are at 100' on final and start worrying about how much the landing is going to cost then you shouldn't be there! Switch off totally and concentrate on the job in hand, and relax! Look out of the window, look down at the millions of people who have never experienced the view you are enjoying. Think about the millions that cannot take a day trip from Northern England to France. Enjoy it for it's solitude and a good chance to clear the overworked brain, just don't drop the ball!

It might sound easy to say, and indeed is, but the harder you work the harder it gets. Chill out, relax, don't look at it as work, look at it as something that stimulates the mind, but can be in itself a relaxing experience. Whatever your favourite relaxation technique, remember there is a time and a place for everything, and as for worrying about the cost, that place is firmly on the ground!!!