PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet A319 Complete Loss of Electric Power?
Old 26th Sep 2006, 08:24
biddedout

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Nonemmet,

I think you raised another important point when you mentioned the decision to go to Bristol from over Brest rather than diert off flight planned route. Just to add to the problems for this crew with a very high workload, if they had chosen to divert off route and turn in a London direction say with only an emergency SQ and no radios, this action alone would have potentially created even more unwanted distraction. The radio failure procedures were written years ago and need updating. I suspect that it has been considered, but rejected on the grounds that total radio failure will never happen these days .

I say this because on the 145 which has a huge amount of electrical redundancy, a total generator failure (all 5) and a transfer to essentials results in the loss of both transponders. Not ideal in todays envronment. I just hope Com 1 keeps working.

Well done that crew. Even if there was some finger trouble, it's hardly surprising in the circumstances.