PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Plane Crash - Flinders Island
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2006, 03:23
Head..er..wind

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
If it was and there was a note, what a selfish waste of peoples time and endangering the lives of others to recover the mess. It's like when I once heard about a skydiver who decided to end things at the local skydiving club to the dismay of many spectators and young children. I'd like to know what drives a person to go to those lengths; it's just so unfair.
QNH 1013.2, regardless of whether this is the case YOUR comments are unfair. You are welcome to your opinions, and maybe this is not the place to discuss suicide in general, but you are showing a general ignorance of the problem. If only it was as simple as the picture you paint. Sure there may be "better" ways of doing it, but as one who you are talking about (I'm one of the ones who gets "to recover the mess" in my job) I can only say there is an overwhelming sense of sadness doing it, and that if the person felt they had the option to live they would take it. The brickwall people in that situation face is just too large, too much to beat. They are taking the only option they feel is possible. So while we sit in our ivory towers lets just hope we never find ourselves in their situation, which is not just a bad case of the blues.
Sorry for going off track here, but those comments could not go unanswered.