PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Uniform - What do you think?
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2006, 00:35
QFIhawkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Comp Charlie
I've never understood the need or requirement to flounce around in a flying suit when not actually flying.

Why do people feel the need to do this?

And why oh why turn up for CCS in a flying suit? You're just asking for a gassing of massive proportions!!

Don't bother with the 'its my working dress' rubbish. Techies work in grimy oil soaked coveralls, yet if they were to turn up in the mess/ admin HQ/ CCS wearing them then their feet wouldn't touch the floor.

In short, if you are not briefing to fly, actually flying, or debriefing then stop dressing like a pillock.

CC

ps This is not a uniform jealousy thing either. I have badged up flying suits. I just wouldn't be seen dead wearing one if not in an aircraft.
There's a first time in your life for everything, and agreeing with CC has just hit my list. (Sorry to buck the trend CC!)

I know that there is a Wg Cdr Ops at a secret London airbase who wears a growbag, although he doesn't fly. AT ALL. (He's not even Q'd on the aircraft types at that station).

There is another who is in charge of Ops at an AT base who wears a growbag.

The question has to be asked. WHY??? Coppers don't wear their flourescent jacket, movers don't wear their yellow vests, and Educ Sect Sgts don't wear blues at CCS (Citing "working dress"!)

I've seen officers turn up for CCS in a growbag and an SD hat FFS. And they wonder why they get gassed?

I must admit, I groan when I see the likes of DCINC STC wearing a rubbish jumble of uniform he seems to have authorised on the day.

Attack all you like fellow aircrew. It gives everybody the wrong impression, no matter what rank you are. Harrier boots, forage cap, brevet on S95, etc.

The man at the top sets the example.

Can we really wonder why people are now wandering around their stations with a pic of said man in their back pocket? Any charge from the SWO of being improperly dressed is now impotent thanks to our new rash of "no win no fee" solicitiors.

Cheers Clive.

And roll your sleeves up!