PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots who went on strike let go by PHI
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2006, 21:40
chc&proud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-mail to PHI management from EMS King Air 200 pilot in Norway

Having seen the way PHI is treating its pilots I personally will never seek employment with your company. Furthermore I will recommend to any pilot I know considering applying for employment at PHI to look elsewhere. Today there are many, many employment opportunities available with companies which treat their pilots fairly. It is a shame PHI is no longer one of those.

This message will most assuredly spread across the industry and PHI will soon be known as the company no one wishes to work for.

The world pilot community is a closely knit family which interconnect and meet everywhere everyday all around the world. Although our Norwegian helicopter pilots, employed in the Airlog - former CHC company Lufttransport, allready has strikken PHI from their list of potential future employers, their influence and opinion reaches broader and deeper than just the Norwegian national level. All Norwegian and European helicopter pilots and their varying unions have closely been monitoring the plight of the pilots of Chapter 108 and their just and fair demands to raise their status to a higher level, more just to their contribution in the chain of profits made in their industry.

If it is your company’s official policy to regard your pilots as the bottom of the barrel, will work for food, a dime a dozen type of employees, we would recommend that this is brought forward and publicized, so we all can adhere accordingly and regard you for what you are; a stepping stone or the last way out in times of no other alternative and no other skill. We’re sure you’ll still get applicants, and in accordance with your pilot policies, that should be a sufficient level of motivation to aim for to man your flights.

If everyone focuses on maximizing profits on the other parts expense – who will win in the end? Sharing the profits might be a more productive long term strategy.

I don’t expect you to care one way or another of our point of view, which of course is your prerogative, but you are now aware of the fact that we are monitoring how your pilots are treated and that this is not a local problem – the world is watching.