PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 25th Sep 2006, 19:42
Aircav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Training

Bring lots of pens for form filling, that is the order of the day.

Tell me where apart from JAL (where you have to learn Japanese) does it take 6 months to do a transition upgrade and 3 months for a normal one, lets not talk about the so called short courses on joining for already type rated and wait for it, current pilots.

The sad thing is that they actually think they are one of the best training departments in the world. I don't blame them it is just the nature of the beast. Imagine only worked for two airlines ever, one tin pot bush outfit (NO offence mates) and EK. Now Captain God, no exposure to different concepts, do as I say cause my way is the only way, gets in to training, other Capts won't say anything and FO's HAVE to keep shut if they harbour any ambitions of upgrade, mix well, what have you got, NOTHING and I mean nothing. There is no training!!!!! Study in your own time, bend like a reed in the Sim as there is no standard (everyone has their little thing which is so important, NOT)

Come on EK, we want to be a world class airline so lets have some world class training, where debate is cherished as a form of learning and not punished as a form of disent. Where even the most experienced (in EK anyway) trainer can learn something new and useful from a mere cadet and not have to try and discredit it to save face.

LOFT = Line Oriented Flying TRAINING

Not

LOFT = Line Oriented Flying CHECKING (lets see how many items we can cram into one session)

The sand is fast disappearing so get your heads out of it and do something.

Enough Said.

Last edited by Aircav; 25th Sep 2006 at 19:56.