PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When to give up
Thread: When to give up
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2006, 15:26
Mad Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I've got the totally over the top, emotional and enthusiastic reply out of the way I'll put my practical hat on.......

Take a look at this....

http://www.oldsarumflyingclub.co.uk/...42_pricing.asp

Mods - I'm not advertising - Just trying to show the guy what some clubs are arranging these days.

Look at the 20th share option - Get 25 hours instruction and if it takes you longer...you'll have money over to pay for the additional hours you need and you'll end up owning a 1/20th share in an aircraft which is cheap to run.

It is classed as a micolight but looks like a small aircraft - so no microlight suits or freezing cold weather around your ears - your wife may approve - and she doesn't have to know it's part of the microlight family of aircraft .

After you've got your licence (or 12 months) it will cost you £300 per year to pay your monthly costs which leaves you £700 (or 23 hours) of flying.

Now, I know I'm over simplifying - so the rest of you PPruners DON'T jump down my throat - but this is a very realistic option for people with very little budget.

Check out clubs in your area and you may find a similar deal.

Another practical tip - Buy your books on Amazon. I managed to get "NEW" for approx £7 a book less than my club or any of the pilot internet stores. Yes... I had to pay a healthy amount of postage but it still worked out a lot cheaper - Gives you even more money to spend on flying.

Good luck and I hope you stick with it.