PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF "Utterly, Utterly, Useless" in Afghanistan
Old 25th Sep 2006, 14:02
brickhistory

Originally Posted by Jackonicko
Brick,
I do not hold "anti-US views", I just have a realistic appreciation of US weaknesses as well as their strengths....

.......I am eager to consider all possible explanations - especially when the Major's story displayed obvious inconsistencies.
jacko,

We disagree. From your record of posts, you display, on this forum anyway, what seems to me to be a marked distain for military things American. Mistakes/gaffes/goofs/buffoonery are all fair game and I have no issue with you on that.

Good on you also for generally defending the RAF, however, you usually are quick to mock US military mistakes and those who might either defend or at least mitigate said mistake. If the possibility exists for an RAF mistake, you don't seem to hold to the same standards. (And I am not joining in on this current tempest, I don't have enough info to form an opinion other than it would be great thing if the RAF had more assets.). "Latching on to uninformed speculation" seems to me exactly what you are doing in looking to pin the tail on anyone but the RAF CAS. Seeking info on USMC female pilots, the Dutch, etc does seem to be a little extreme, but then I'm not a journalist.

Good on ya for catching/correcting/educating on my mis-use of 'anathema.