PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern QFLink
Thread: Eastern QFLink
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2006, 06:41
grrowler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crashaxe, if you read my post you would notice I said I was not an EAA FA. I don't hate my particular job, which is why I am still doing it. There are more than flight attendants at EAA.

EAAFA, unfortunately you are correct. However, when an EBA is ratified, there is generally a meeting between management and an FA rep to discuss how the specific clauses will be interpreted, in other words a "handshake" or goodwill arrangement. eg. Single FA operations were to be used to enable a service to operate back to home base if a FA became sick mid-duty, not for the purpose of operating out of home ports. Over the years, as management changes, this goodwill is discarded in order to penny pinch and earn brownie points with upper management. They do not consider the intent important. But looking at the big picture, perhaps this attitude is exactly why people are leaving and sick days are so incredibly high.

I don't understand how you can be so passionate about an issue which bears no relation to you personally
This attitude is so typical and part of the problem. No one gives a sh!t unless it affects them personally.

I am passionate about this matter because it could affect me one day. If management are allowed to treat a group of staff with such disrespect in order to save a few $$, they are certainly going to try it on in other parts of the company. I really don't know why I bother caring though, as it's fairly obvious that most people are short-sightedly looking after only themselves.

Fingers Crossed,

I'm sure some of the others on here will know about the allowances, but as a rough idea, the average take home wage seems to be around $1200 per fortnight, including the allowances. It does vary up and down a fair bit. Stand to be corrected...