PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinese pilot seeks political asylum in U.S.
Old 24th Sep 2006, 22:54
ZSSSZSPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by djuice
An other bullsh*t excuse to leave his low pay job.
it is simply untrue I have to sadly tell you . the reasons are
1. with his position and aircraft currently flying. The payment is nearly 450k RMB per years which is 15-20 times the average yearly income in shanghai (around 25k to 30k in 2004).He is living a comfortable life as far as I know with big places to live and a car.and there will be a pay raise in a short future for captains like him which will bring his payment to 500k at least,and he knew that b4 leaving.
2.would you leave your wife and child behind,if you were "planning" to leave your current job deliberately for a better pay?Well, his wife and child are still in shanghai now.
3. the possiblity for him to make it back to a captain in US ? almost zero. don't mention the down scene in US aviation industry, lots of local experienced guys are jobless.and his English competence doesn't look good to me. and I dont think he could live on it if he was on his own(he needed a interpreter on that press conference).If he change direction to look for other job other than being a pilot, it could take a very very long time for him to make the live standard back to that before he left. yes there is a pilot shortage in China, and pilots are looking for higher pay in private owned new starup. But in his case, it is the last reason I probably would bring up with the understanding of what situation he was in.