PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working in Europe?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2006, 21:34
enigmajet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The previous poster is obviously a little concerned at the amount of US citizens now working in the EU, as are many of us who do not see the same privilege extended to those of EU extraction.
However Sir let me assure you if you were a type rated pilot on a Bae 146 or B737NG you would have very little difficulty obtaining a position in Ireland with FR or City Jet.
If you are not in possession of such a qualification contact the US embassy in Ireland very helpful people. There are many of your countrymen and those a little north of the US working in Ireland at the moment. If its something you really want pursue it, if however you are trying to find a quick fix to unemployment in the US keep plugging away in the US try regionals,Biz Jet, anything. There are plenty of guys in Ireland and and the rest of the Eu already in possession of the right to work in the EU. I wish you the best as someone who has been desperate and willing to do anything I will always remember the wise words of my CFI "Just enjoy it " (he meant learning your trade and being willing to do anything!the quirky jobs and people you meet is what you will remember long after you retire)
Good luck!