PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maths and Physics knowledge req'd for ATPL and airline flying?
Old 24th Sep 2006, 19:48
captainloulou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maths brushing up

Hi all,
I have actually a different view regarding the mathematics. I have about a spare year before starting my training (this is due to saving money!). I had a thought about brushing up my mathematics and am actually perparing to graduate for a A level in both maths and physics. The reason for that is that at the end it could save me 30k as with a A level I can apply for a sponsorship with an airline (which would also guarantee me a job after graduating). On top of that I think that having the best bases you can before starting the training is worthwile as it will probably my understanding. Finally the investment for a A level distance learning course in mathematics is between 150 and 250 quids. I do not know if I am doing the right thing but one thing I am sure is that it can't be bad! Therefore I would recommend this route to whoever has a spare year and want to improve maths and physics before starting.