PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 24th Sep 2006, 18:11
StephenD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-Levels 'dilemma'

Hello all first post and day on here,

I'm currently undergoing a mini 'dilemma', related to sixth form and A-Levels. At my current sixth form, I'm doing English Language, Applied Science and Computing. (And my maths GCSE again). However, I am not too keen on this sixth form, as it requires too much travelling each day which can be tired. BUT, if I have a better chance of gaining sponsorship doing these A-Level subjects, then I'm quite willing to stay there.

There's a sixth form in my town, which would require no bus journeys etc, however, there wasn't many subjects to do there, and I've chosen at my interview: Geography, History, Sociology and ICT.

I haven't left my other sixth form yet, and have been deciding all this weekend.

Problem is, would doing those A-Levels listed above at another sixth form hinder my chances of becoming a pilot, and gaining sponsorship? I'm willing to get a job to pay for myself, should I not get sponsorship, and I'm also wishing to go onto Uni to get a degree in Geography, should I go to this other sixth form.

If I stay in my current sixth form - Then I'll do something in computing. I enjoy both computers and Geography.

It's just very worrying, as becoming a pilot is my chosen career path - There's just no other job that seems as appealing!

Thanks all for your help, and sorry about the long post.

Stephen

P.S My dad has made me even more worried about going to this other sixth form, saying Geography, History, Sociology and ICT are 'neck-ended' subjects.

EDIT:
Nevermind, saw a similar post in this forum, which was replied to yesterday. Unsure whether to just put this in there or keep this post.

Last edited by StephenD; 24th Sep 2006 at 18:38.