PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Start sequence B737
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2006, 09:36
stator vane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up number 2, number 1?

whilst flying in the states on the 737-2/3/400's our defunct airline started number 1 first, which did seem to make good sense. no change for the air start procedure and from time to time during pushback, they would come with last minute bags and be able to load since we hadn't started number 2 yet. (we could leave with bags missing). might have been a factor as to why they are defunct. it was quite an ordeal when the APU was inop and flying in alaska in the winters to remote airports. shut number 1 down. off load pax.close up, start 1, shut down 2, off load bags and takeon fuel, start 2, shut down 1, load pax and then restart 1. ground staff would do the walk-around check.

only when i came over here did i see the number two first. but then again, which side of the road do they drive on??? HAH!

i have always thought it odd that N2 is always the first call as well. and every checklist i have seen, "engine start levers---idle detent" --we just started the engines, where else would they be. and if not in proper position, you will see it when you try taxiing!