PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC has the Jimmy Brits
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2006, 22:26
APP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Uncle and Sue,
Your views are very lopsided, this is why:
1. I worked for different employers before coming here, CAD is not brilliant but no worse than others in supply for staff. My last employer hired too many than VR too many in the 90s and end up with too little again. Coming up with the right numbers all the time is a lot harder than you think. I am sorry for you if you think this is so simple. Wait 6 months and you will hear what the FAA will do to fix their post PATCO retirement problems.
2. If someone works on his day off to make sure I get a decent meal break when there are sickies, I am not going to write him off. Of course, you may have your personal hatred for him, for us on APP he certainly did more to contain the workload than the previous check controller and raised the standard of some very ordininary locals.
2.He is the only one from the office who knows what goes on but you are blaming him for that. He is still better than the big chief and many others who sits in their big offices and pretends to Noman that everything is OK. I know because I spoke to Noman when we had drinks last months he knew very little about the problems in the field and cares less.
3.I agree with you that there should not be any increase in movements before our conditions get better. I am not in your union but this is what can be done - get your assoication boss mate to run a survey amongst the members, drum up the support and the president can tell the press that their members will not work any more increases without the government paying up. Imagine how much bigger a bomb shell this one will be. Achieving results is not just about how much union fees you pay.
This is where you should direct your energy into whether than waste this forum for your personal feuds, stop behaving like teenagers.