PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF "Utterly, Utterly, Useless" in Afghanistan
Old 23rd Sep 2006, 18:14
mutleyfour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets be frank! The government have sold us all short by not supplying enough manpower or the necessary equipment to provide proper round the clock back up. We belong to an armed Forces that revolves around backing by the Americans whom without we really don't have much of a stick. How useful are those trident submarines for instance?

We are all guilty of moaning from time to time, goodness, the british Army thrives on it.

Whats gone on here is a moan that should be taken as a dig at the system rather than the Air Force, I for one would rather see an A10 coming over the horizon if I was in a platoon house than a Harrier with a stick of rockets.

However if travelling in a warrior during either Gulf War I would rather have seen an RAF Harrier than A10.

I don't blame anyone in the mob as we all of us get on as best we can with the kit given to us. I do dispair at the Government for giving us more and more work and less and less money to buy the right equipment.