PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax seats at exits
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2001, 02:42
Coppelia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Well, for sure, the amount of luggage carried by nowadays pax is another big, BIG problem !!! And a big source of stress for the cabin crew who see pax boarding the aircraft with huuuge and heavy luggage, looking (stupidly) at you, without saying "hello" (of course) but just "put this up" showing you their geant travel pro's... (and the "please" at the end of their order is optional of course ).

Personnally I'm getting crazy when I see pax placing oversized and overweight travelpro's in the overhead lockers. It often happens that 1 passenger takes all the room of a locker when it is supposed to hold the luggage of 5 other pax...

Also, when you stand in the AFT galley during boarding and pax come to you with their luggage saying -not hello , but "there is no room anymore for my bag" and you are obliged to find yourself some space left for it, checking all the bins, fighting amongst the mess up there, lifting the 15 kg- bag (do I have to remind that the maximum is 5 kg per passenger ?? ) and fighting it to fit and ensure that the bin can still be safely closed while 100 eyes look at you and no one would stand up and help you... I could kill someone in those moments !!

More seriously, some airlines don't allow travel pro's as cabin luggage, and I still wonder why it is not the policy in my own company...

Why aren't weighing machines being put at the a/c's entry to check that luggage are not heavier than 5 kg ? In that case, no discussion possible with the pax !

Brockenspectre, I LOVE the way you describe yourself as a Botticelliesque type it is very poetic !