PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax seats at exits
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2001, 02:31
pilotwolf

Helicopter Pilots Get It Up Quicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a similar thread regarding the cabin baggage I recently had cause to come into cntact with a gentleman and his 2 children, with out going into details for legal and confidential reasons comments on this...

Said passenger had tried to check in on a 'charter' flight with 9 bags - all but 2 larger than the usual accepted dimensions - and 2 large suitcase for 7 days holiday in Europe.

He created a scene when told this was unacceptable, and proceeded to try and reduce the 9 bags to 2. Of course said bags were now far to large to carry on so he was told he would have to check them as hold baggage - another scene.

Then the ultimate came... when asked the usual security questions he stated the cases were full of semtex and that was why they were so heavy!

Suprisingly the staff actually allowed him and said brats to fly. When I came into contact with him he was going to miss his flight anyway, for unrelated reasons. The airline weren't particularly helpful in trying to arrange another flight so he then created another scene!

He couldn't believe it when I pointed out how luck he was not to be in jail and that perhaps he should keep quiet! Unfortunately this just seemed to humilate him in front of the children, (14 and 12ish). Never did find out if they flw out the next day...

Would you have been so accomadating as this particular airline and its staff were?