PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NON UK PASSPORT HOLDERS SHOULD GO!
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2001, 16:18
HugMonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you've got the wrong end of the stick, BB.

I suspect that, rather than wanting to protect our jobs, it's a security measure in time of war.

Your overt xenophobia does you no credit at all, either. Removing "foreigners" from jobs in UK airlines will not protect the industry.

My last airline had upwards of a dozen nationalities working for it. And it was the better for it. I worked with Libyans, Iraqis, Swedes, Norwegians, Finns, Spanish, French, Dutch, Greeks, Bruneians, even Irish and I can think of no better way to promote international understanding and harmony than to work and make friends with people from all origins.

Unfortunately, as in all times of conflict, innocent people get caught up in things. I am seriously concerned for some of my former colleagues, many of whom have lived in this country almost all their lives.

Furthermore, I know of many, many Brits working elsewhere in the world. Many other countries are suffering the fall-out of the 11th. September. If they are to lose their jobs to "locals", then we are back to square one here. You think that's a good result, to uproot people all over the world, to disrupt their lives any more than is already happening?

The barrage you get will not have its roots in your opinions but rather in the poor logic and prejudiced manner of your thinking.