PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two Large Bags - No Passenger
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2006, 12:00
spork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hear hear Strepsils!

Paper Tiger, it’s difficult to interpret what Ah and Hmmm means.

According to news items like Arroyo being sacked, Newark has a poor record on security. (see above) So maybe bags only just loaded could be pulled just in case?

“CO knew who Spork's daughter was, where she was and why she had missed the connection.” Pity then that 1) They failed to act in the first place by letting pax know at check-in how their bags will be processed, and 2) Put something in their check-in procedures to avoid this happening for everybody in the future. Judging by bealine’s earlier post, they must know of this weakness in the system, so why not close the loophole and have happy passengers? I have made that point to them in my complaint letter, sent twice, which they are completely ignoring.

Other daughter assumed the same (to go to carousel) but was not on a delayed flight, thus the wasted time had no effect. Next time I suppose an assumption like that will mean THEY travel and not their bags. All that CO check-in staff (in two separate airports of course) had to do was say to the paying customer “Your bags will automatically go to the onward flight at Newark”. Is that so damned hard?

It might not be their fault they were late running, but it was their fault they could not be bothered to tell a few pax something that would mean they would actually catch their connecting flight. Leaving a 19-year old alone with no assistance of any sort offered, and none of her stuff to hand just adds insult to injury and is shabby treatment.

“but since the plane is NOT at the bottom of the Atlantic it appears to have been a good call.” So “suck it and see” is a good security procedure then?