PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tassie gets Multilaterated!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2006, 04:00
Scurvy.D.Dog
I'm in one of those moods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
… fair questions
juFj
Erm, I understand there will be 8 groundstations, an aircraft has to be within range of 3 to provide a return. The three have to be close together for ground monitoring, far apart for enroot.
… I have heard 18 (around the state) .. just yesterday from the guy who will over see installation!!
Once commisioned I don't think they'll need the present radar, and it may go before then anyhow.
… you may well be right … but the reason would have to be VERY compelling as explained above …. You know the company charter …. Never unreasonably reduce safety levels etc etc!!
peuce
... what happens now when there's one inbound on the ILS in cloud and one wants to depart?
…. Depends on cloud base, types and visibility. In short:-
- If an Aircraft on a straight in precision approach can be established outside 5nm from the ‘threshold’ (in our case 6DME) by the time the departure is airborne, and consideration of missed approach is made i.e. if the arrival is a jet and the departure is a C404 then a greater margin is required, as well as options assessment i.e. once visual, would/could the jet fly a visual circuit pior to landing or is an IMC missed approach procedure required??
- If an aircraft is on a DME arrival, again cloud base and other factors such as possible missed approach are all considered in the mix.
there are other considerations, those are just some of them!
Sounds very familiar ... closing on-site Flight Service Units (Broken Hill, Dubbo etc) and remoting them back to the Centres ... despite all the shortcomings you mentioned above, it went ahead ...
… true .. although ‘separation’ services are way different to ‘traffic services’ … interesting isn’t it that a return of ‘F’ is being seriously looked at!!!
If and when they seriously start talking about this stuff, you better have a good "money" argument on hand .. that's what talks these days!
… indeed! .... as should you guys 'the customers', cause it won't be my hip pocket that pays for the possible delays .... less for more ... sound familiar
P.S. The Broncos won!
.. who cares … I was referring to real footy …. The red and white ….. Go you good things …!