PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College, Waterford, Ireland
Old 22nd Sep 2006, 20:04
TwoDeadDogs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi all
E273 for an Arrow is a sick joke...so is paying for fuel surcharges...needless to say, that little tax won't adjust downwards,ever...Florida's weather is highly variable and I absolutley guarantee you'll get plenty of non-sunny weather there,too....I have been to America and the UK for CPL training and recurrency training since 2000 and would never give a cent to an Irish FTO if I could possibly avoid it.I've been ****** around too often by some of the well-known names to ever bother using them again.Any school I have ever used abroad has been much better at a professional and personal level, with only one exception.
As an example of things perpetrated by an Irish FTO, I was in the flight office booking a lesson on a twin.The phone rang and was answered by the person dealing with me.The caller was a person who was about to leave home to have a lesson in that twin and was checking ahead.The staff member then told the caller that the aircraft was u/s and was likely to stay that way for the day.The caller reiterated that it was a bit of luck that he had called and berated the staff member for not bothering to call him and warn him off.The staff member swore that she'd just been about to do that,etc before putting the phone down and returning her attention to me. Just then, the twin took off, roaring off within earshot off the office."So, it's clearly not u/s", I sez."Nah",sez the s.m., "just clearing the bookings so that a friend of the Boss can have it for his flight test." So, everyone else got ****** over and lied to, while the s.m. was doing something she was clearly used to doing.....I took my trade elsewhere and have never looked back.
The Irish FTOs seem to believe that standards of decent public service don't apply to them.
regards
TDD