PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF "Utterly, Utterly, Useless" in Afghanistan
Old 22nd Sep 2006, 19:21
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What has this major done wrong? How many times have we, as aviators, slagged off ATC, our wingman, handbrake house etc for not doing there job. He is out there undertaking a fairly stressful job and has let off steam in a private e-mail, which I am assuming was to a so-called mate of his. This so-called mate has then circulated the private e-mail within his own circle of friends, without James' knowledge, and subsequently been leaked to the press.

I'm sure the first James knew about the 5hit hitting the fan was when it hit Sky News etc, and I suspect he had a no-coffee chat with his Boss (in between firefights, obviously!). He doesn't need his name up in lights at a time like this and I honestly believe that it was not his intent for his comments to hit the Press.

And yes I'm Air Force. I've also seen copy of the entire e-mail. Some of the context is missing in the edited highlights as are some of his other comments about his own Service (AAC) and the Coalition. I think one of his so-called mates of a mate has a personal agenda and damn the consequences for James. And no I didn't leak the e-mail (before you ask) and no I'm not going to publish anymore than is already in the printed media.

Give the guy a break - any witch hunt should be for the tw*t who leaked the memo. Once identified a swift 2 year OOA tour in Afghanistan as a FAC should be suitable "punishment"!

James - you need to get yourself a trip in the back of a Harrier when you're safely back in UK to see the picture from their side of the trigger. There was at least one person who spent the previous 12 months or so in the same purple sausage machine as you who may be able to help out!

And if you've got a beef trust in the chain of command. Didn't you learn anything last year!!!