PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two Large Bags - No Passenger
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2006, 15:25
PaperTiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spork
They knew she definitely wasn’t on the plane as an attendant asked No.1 daughter. No.2 daughter’s bags were obviously placed on the plane very late, therefore an offload would have been extremely easy. Being stuck at Newark for 22hrs she would have liked her bags.
Ah.
Originally Posted by ExSimGuy
I think CO were irresponsible if they allowed her(sic) bags to travel without her(sic).
Disagree. Firstly, all checked bags originating in the US undergo a CTX scan. Supposedly. Now if you believe this was not done or is ineffective in detecting an explosive device, then that's a whole other can of worms...
CO knew who Spork's daughter was, where she was and why she had missed the connection. Don't know who made the call not to pull her bag, CSR or the Capt., but since the plane is NOT at the bottom of the Atlantic it appears to have been a good call.

If nobody actually made any kind of call and no intervention of any kind happened, then I would agree CO was derelict. I'm guessing they weighed the situation and determined a complete absence of threat.

Tough on daughter no. 2, but hey **** happens.