PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VK Advert For B733 Drivers On PPrune
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2006, 10:53
oba_idan_amani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SN, Rumour has it, that you are ex Virgin Nigeria top person (You were also described as a very nice guy who was on the side of the locals, and you noticed some of these things I write about, could not take it and left). You say “the number of hours in a log book has not been an indication of abilities”. I agree with you on this, and that’s one of my main point. If you know this, why use the number of hours as a bench mark for pilot recruitments at Virgin Nigeria. Why not give we young guys a go.

You suggested that if I see the Gecat results of some of these pilots (pilots with tons of hours on jet or God knows what), I will be shocked. OK, why not send the Parc Aviation Captains currently flying for Virgin Nigeria with thousands of hours on the machine to GECAT and see what will be written about them. Why have two laws eh ?

You have also said nothing about the A340, I guess I was right on that one. Maybe we young guys should be looking at ARIK, we all one day want to fly B767 or A340. I will keep on doing more investigation to reveal the nonsense that is going on at VK. Its supposed to be the flag carrier of my country, forgive me if I am being personal.

LJT did hit the nail on the head. In Europe, the place you lot came from, you put 23 year old 3000 hours TT in command of a B738. Why not do the same here in Nigeria. You also pay them a lot more. Just thinking about things like this make me sick.

Oba Idan Amani