PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Always the same question ;)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2006, 08:50
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Cityjet,

I guess it depends on where you want to do your PPL. I will tell you now though, due to the "Aeroclub" system here in France, there is no cheaper place to do your PPL in Europe. You could probably do it cheaper in the USA, but you would need to do your sums carefully regarding the cost of actually getting over there and your living expenses while you are there.

I appreciate the difficulties of flying with an instructor speaking a foriegn language - Im English! Where are you from & how good/bad is your French or English, as many instructors here in France speak pretty passable English. Is it the actual communication in the cockpit, or the ground study that you are finding difficult? I dont know for sure, but you may be able to do the exams in English if it helps, have you asked your instructor / the DGAC? Remember that the flying hours you do here all counts towards your PPL wherever you do the actual ground exams/skills test.

Out of interest, which Aeroclub/Aerodrome do you fly from, as I am near Bordeaux myself. Always looking for a reason to fly, though I will be out of the Country working for 2 weeks from sunday.

Regards, SD..