PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces Federation (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2006, 01:33
dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chug

The problem is the lack of interest in people's welfare is inherrent in the CoC now - it's not a minority - most are only in it for themselves - many will even say so! Additionally, when the likes of John Reid speak for me and claim there is no sign that our various wars are unpopular among the troops, my blood boils - how dare the government forfeit my freedom of speech and then speak for me!

But above all it's not operational matters that will be threatened by the BAFF - I suspect I will be in a majority who will not be part of an organisation that truly endangers UK defence by interference - it is the non-operational aspects of service life that are being erroded as politicians et al take advantage of our obedient and disorganised silence. JPA and AFQ charge rises just to name a couple off the top of my head.

We need a one-way CoC when we're being shot at, but I didn't sign away my rights to everything when I joined up - in particular reasonable treatment by my employer when we're not being shot at. It's always presumed we're looking after people but increasingly - and routinely - we're not!

I for one will volunteer as much time as I can to the BAFF in an attempt to steer it in this direction, not so it becomes a forum for people to bleat about trivia.