PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britain's Pilots Call For Seven New Security Steps
Old 21st Sep 2006, 22:24
On-MarkBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since there are now many more security staff than pilots, statistically there is a far greater risk that a breach of security is going to be from within the security staff themselves. None of whom have the track record in this industry than I, or many of us, do! What on earth gives these people the right to question me and others in my profession? Most of these people have been recently dragged in off the street to swell the numbers of security personnel in a panic attempt by politicians to convince us they are doing something about the terrorist problem. What makes them better than I? I would like to know.
I have serious doubts about the inteligence of some of these people and the people in charge of them who have acted in such an appalling way toward properly trained and employed aircrew, pilots particularly. As it has been said time and again, we don't need a bomb in our shoes to down the aircraft. If these people, calling themselves security, are so dim that they can't see that, then frankly we have the wrong people doing their job. What we need is some intelligence shown, then maybe we can believe that it won't be so easy to outsmart the terrorist!

"We're only following orders" was the comment I got the other day.
"That's what they all said at Nurnberg" I said.
"Are you calling us a bunch of Nazis?"
"Sometimes you have to question what you are being told to do, otherwise if the cap fits... and all that!!"