PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 45x35x16 - What a ridiculous set of measurements!
Old 21st Sep 2006, 19:02
Globaliser
Too mean to buy a long personal title

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Jenvey
True, but if you fly almost every week, sometimes more, like I do (& some business pax fly 2 - 3 times a week from UK airports), then that's a lot of toothpaste, aftershave, shaving foam, deodorant & other liquid/gel goodies that will mount up back at home!!
I still don't follow the logic (or lack of it!) to explain why there are no such restrictions (or very limited ones) for flights that operate from European (& other) countries into UK airspace. Why is it that your shaving foam is deemed dangerous when you take-off over London, but not when landing??!!
Agreed if you're a frequent traveller. Although I suspect that most of those who fly 3 times a week aren't stopping overnight on every trip.

As for why we have the restrictions, my best guess is that it's because the terrorists are here, not there. But as time goes on, and the possibility increases of a more sophisticated replacement plot that involves first travelling overseas to take advantage of less stringent security regulations, the differential will become harder to justify.