PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 3
Thread: CORK - 3
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2006, 17:11
NC2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When will it be finished ?

If you manage to spend almost €200M on a new terminal, car parks and roads - you would think that perhaps a manager would have spent a day walking around the airport terminal and grounds and making sure that it looked the part. This has clearly not been the case.
The Car Parks in Cork Airport are not finished. There are bits of rubbish, building materials, bollards, and temporary signage all over the place. Some lights are not working, barriers are blocking access, one lifts in the short term car park has been out of order since it opened and another doesn't look like it's even been installed. The pay points are not all in working condition and some parts of the place look like they haven't been cleaned since it opened.
There is a portacabin stuck next to the short term car park and and empty office in the car park being used as a store.
These are small items that detract from what should be a really good facility. They don't cost anything much to fix but left unresolved create a poor first impression.
The terminal itself is fairly well laid out and does look like a 21st century airport (barring the problems and issues with the airbridges). But we've settled for an expensive nearly finshed airport project - minus the new tower, minus the walkway to the old terminal, minus 3 airbridges.
And how do we advertise this new facility - With a poor website redesign (compared to DUB & SNN) and radio advertising proclaming that it is now harder for a child to get lost in the new terminal !!
One wonders if the same professionalism is being applied to route development and retention ....
I would be happy if somebody could tell me that I'm wrong !