PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern QFLink
Thread: Eastern QFLink
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2006, 10:33
overhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most the major airlines in Aus all have duty hour restrictions. As an average they hover around 10hr30-11hr planned duty, extendable to 12 under disrupts. Anything over that needs to be approved by the FAAA.

Jetconnect SH had a restriction of max 22hrs when I was there - I never did more then 13 hours though and the base I was in only ever did Trans Tassies so we were doing the longer (but easier!) duties. I don't quite know how on earth you'd ever manage to hit 22 (and neither does the company or that's what you'd probably be working!!).

If it's the dream job, go for it, but just know it's not the best thats on offer. Other regional airlines offer a better deal and so do the domestics. I took a job at JC years ago knowing that it wasn't the best deal and used it for and enjoyed the experience - I couldn't stand the people I worked with everyday whinging about the money and conditions though - everyone saw the CEA before they took the job. Don't be one of them if you take the gig at EAA.

On the up side - it's probably one of the last ways to get a FT gig at QF SH - that's if it still exists once you sit out the 5-7 years on a Dash!