PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - UK
Thread: Virgin - UK
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2006, 09:10
warwicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SNOLLY
congratulations,i have an interview in oct,i wonder if you could tell me wot to expect and any tips would be great,im so nervous.
thanks snolly
When you arrive the recruiters are waiting upstairs with your name badges and there is a brief introduction.
You then go into the crew room and wait for them to get the room ready.

After this you all go into the room and after the recruiters have told you about virgin you all have to introduce yourself, say what you do for a living. It is very relaxed (althogh nerveracking)
You then all get given a sheet of paper with information about virgin to read in front of the group.

Once this has finished we completed a group exercise- for our group we got a list of ten important things to passengers and had to put them in order from most important to least and then feed back to the group why we chose this.

We were then told to go outside and wait while they sorted through some paperwork. When we returned to the room we had a maths and english test.
The english test involved reading a passage about nervous fliers and remember details such as flight numbers, destinations, times and names.
The maths test was slightly more difficult and included working out change from tranactions, working out flight times and time differences.

At this point some people were asked to leave as they had not completed the tests in time or didnt make the pass mark.

Finally we has a 2:1 interview which included questions such as "When have you gone the extra mile for a customer" "How do you have fun at work" "Why do you want to work for Virgin" and asking "how you rectified a time when somebody has been given below standard service"

It took nine days before I got the contract and letter through and I thought the interview had gone fairly badly as they give you no positive or negative feedback during the 2:1

My main advice would just be to smile and try and relax. If you are nervous just tell them- I was really nervous so I told them that at the beginning of the 2:1 and they calmed me down.

Good luck and let me know if you need anymore advice

Last edited by warwicks; 21st Sep 2006 at 09:20. Reason: pressed enter too soon