PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smoking in the flight deck
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2006, 09:01
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am surprised you can sense the tension in the answer because there isn't any. You asked the question. If you don't like the answer then fine. Why not give a list of answers you do want ?

I have re-read my answer and can think of no way to contract or expand it to provide anything other than an honest opinion. You are an adult so deal with the issue as one. What else do you suggest ? It is no good hand wringing or agonising over something that might or might not happen. The contention that 40% of your Captains smoke does not correlate to the fact that they are permitted to do so in the flight deck by your own admission. It may well be that 40% of them drink alcohol as well but they are not permitted to do so in the flight deck.

No body is arguing the health issues as it is a bit of a moot point if there already exists a prohibition on smoking in the flight deck.

If the suggestion that you deal with the matter on a one to one adult basis is "a failure to provide a sensible solution", then I don't really know what to suggest, however it does perhaps suggest a clearer insight into why so many of your colleagues smoke.