PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 21st Sep 2006, 06:36
brakedwell

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mfaff
Brakedwell made a point that gathering a 'couple of pilots and a dozen cabin crew' was impossible...with the assumption that all they intended to do was to 'take an aircraft'. I retorted that fewer in number could be gathered to pass as 'say a 146 crew'...would Jonny Jobsworth on security be able to challenge that, should he have reason to be suspicious of this crew? Possibly not.
mfaff - I made no such assumption as to what the bogus crew would do once airside. I was tempted to suggest they could hijack a passing catering truck or honey wagon, both are potentially lethal, but I didn't due to the seriousnes of this thread. Perhaps you can suggest what they could do to terrorise the flying public. After the thorough frisking at crew security and denuded of pens, toothpaste, lipsticks, sandwiches, water and make-up they would be a toothless group. It would be far easier for a suicide bomber in a minibus packed with explosives to cause carnage if he detonated his bomb outside the front of a busy terminal. And what about the horrifying thought of SAM's? Your 146 argument doess not convince me.

Last edited by brakedwell; 21st Sep 2006 at 06:48. Reason: toothpaste added