PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GOM Gossip
Thread: GOM Gossip
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2006, 22:54
Chopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Local 108:

Our strike is clearly having an impact on PHI. PHI is attempting to intimidate pilots with its "report to work or be permanently replaced" memo and statements. Our lawyers believe that PHI has violated and continues to violate the law with these statements and actions, and they are preparing a response. But you should know that PHI has no one to replace you, and they cannot lawfully just declare you to be "permanently replaced" by someone not hired. If our position is vindicated, PHI will owe you your job, back pay, back benefits and other damages. If PHI calls you, tell them "On the advice of my Union, I must inform you that I am engaging in a legally authorized work stoppage until further notice." Stand firm. Don't let the Company scare you.

Also, you are not required to call in or risk termination as directed by PHI. If contacted by PHI simply read then the following and hang-up the phone:

“On the advice of myUnion, I must inform you that I am on a legally authorized work stoppage until further notice.”

PHI has been duly notified of our work stoppage and cannot order you to do anything!

Our strength is in our unity!

The company is attempting to call pilots who are off duty in an attempt to man the aircraft grounded as a result of the work stoppage. You should ignore such calls from the company, and if you accidentally end up on the phone and are asked to come in, or anything else for that matter, you should recite to the company the following:

"On the advice of my union, I must inform you that I am on a legally authorized work stoppage until further notice"

Although it goes without saying, under no circumstances should you accept any offers or answer any questions from the company over the phone.