PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B757/767 Cockpit Companion
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2006, 20:40
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the 737 Sim Checkride/Procedures book for my recent conversion course. It caused more confusion than it was worth- the procedures with my airline are totally different to the ones in the book, and I actually think it had a negative effect and caused simulator confusion for me, I could never get all those dratted memory drills right.

I would suggest leave pre-revision out altogether. Relax and give your family your time until the course starts, because once it does start, they will not have much of you. Then when the course starts, you will be learning the correct data and drills and can apply yourself better refreshed.

I bought the Bulfer Cockpit Guide, the 737 Management Reference Guide and the 737 Simulator and Checkride Procedures Manuals. None of them were any help for the course- you still have to work your way through the course and answer questions based on the course, so I would recommend just leave it to the course! Take the wife away or the whole family on holiday- they're suposed to be giving holidays away now, and take a break from planes because you'll need it!

Last edited by Rainboe; 21st Sep 2006 at 09:17.