PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerobatics in a BO105
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2006, 20:21
WhiskeyXray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tecpilot
Oh yes, in the german national law you could find the term Kunstflugberechtigung (Hubschrauber), means an aerobatic license.
But guys...
1. §81 LuftPersV is a general paragraph, relevant to gliders, planes and helicopters. There are no differencies in this paragraph between gliders or helicopters.
2. There are no implementing provisions specifiying "helibatics" or aerobatic licensies (helicopters) in the german law, in contrast to gliders or planes.
3. Because there are no civil helicopters in Germany, approved and certified to do aerobatics, you couldn't fly the minimum of 5 training hours (according to §81 LuftPersV, necessary to all glider, plane and helicopter aerobatic licensies), despite the fact that you don't know what to train and to teach (lack of implementing provisions) and therefore you couldn't get the aerobatic ticket.
4. Therefore nobody knows how the 3 pilots got their KFB's. It's a kind of accolade performed by nobody wants to know (and now nobody wants to remember) in the german CAA.
5. As i wrote before, that kind of personally licence couldn't be used on non aerobatic a/c, means on civil certified helicopters.
6. Mr. Wilke is a very good pilot but now he is a retiree and i'm not sure, if the thing he is turning is good to the helicopter business.
BTW The problem on "helibatics" is not the airframe or the main rotor on BO 105, it's the tailrotor and especially the engineering mechanics of the tailrotor.
Thats one of the headaches i have. There are the first offers to "adventure" PAX flights with this BO 105 available. Of course 4 Passengers in this 105. The price is at the moment 250€. "Fly like a stunt pilot" is the official headline and ..." we don't recommend this flight to newbies".

If it would be possible to get a new "helibatics" ticket from the CAA i'm sure this would be a big business, because BO 105 are so cheap in the moment on the market and the interest in helibatics seems to be growing
Interested? In may the german army will sold 10 BO 105 M (military version) to junk prices. (but it's impossible to register the ships civil in the JAA world)
And again for tecpilot:
1. To get a helicopter aerobatic license you have to do the same like a
fixed wing pilot: 5 hrs training and a checkride. The training and check includes
the aerobatic manoeuvres like roll, loop, Immlemanturn, turn Split s etc.
Therefore you need a helicopter which is licensed for aerobatic (tell me which one is??)
and an instructor with a helicopter aerobatic license.
The 3 pilots have done this aerobatic training and the checkride because Eurocopter allowed it.
2. Stefan Raab (the tv guy) is a licensed fixed wing pilot and helicopter pilot.
Therefore it is no problem to have dual controls.
For my knowledge there has never been the idea to make aerobatic flights
with passengers.
3. If you would know the BO 105, you would also know that at this helicopter you have no problem with tailrotor or mechanics. This heli was in originally designed for aerobatics. This was the idea in 1968. Of course the ECD company has no interest to allow everybody aerobatics. Therefor it is genereally not allowed - just for 3 guys, and they work by the way for ECD.....