PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Promotion Board snippet
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2006, 19:53
Burn it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Promotion Board snippet

Beware of good intentions - they may hurt your freinds and colleagues.

Just been asked to write citation for top notch operator for a cracking project he completed recently.
On asking some of the older hairies for advice, the overwhelming reply was "Do you want to kill this chaps promotion chances?"
Turns out a guy on unit got CinCs Commendation for running a bunch of projects (Associated duty stuff - SERE) only to get marked down for getting it on this years Prom board.
Apparently this shows he is too focused so not a rounded enough individual for the modern RAF. Shouldn't have put all that effort into one area, even if it was a great piece of work. Commendations are not good for promotion it seems but may be OK for those who need a boost coz they are unlikely to get picked up.

I will NOT be recommending any of my guys for a promotion anchor such as a Commendation this year... so message to all of you putting effort into some club/project... Keep a low profile on it especially at report time.
Source of info - Board member (WSOp board 06) told me this, so it is from the horses mouth.