PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 3
Thread: CORK - 3
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2006, 17:00
asianfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom - Sounds like the gang on the radio had a good natter about developments up at the airport on the hill. The point about the lack of urinals is one that particularly amuses me. Whenever I go through the airport, there is always a line of arriving pax waiting to go for a 'wazz' but thoughtfully the new airport's designers decided in their wisdom that three urinals is more than enough. An absolute disgrace, and one of many absurdities in Cork.
I think the time is fast approaching when people say enough is enough and revolt. Who is the airport being run for - the employees, the unions, or the passengers? And how long can pax be fleeced in the name of a service that quite clearly does not exist.
Re immigration, a friend recently had to go through the usual security check before boarding the AerArann to Dublin, and on arrival had to line up and go through the lenghty immigration line! The boys on duty got very offended when he told them that they should be down at the train station as well, checking arrivals off the Cork-Dublin train. Next thing we know, we will have immigration checks at the county bounds. Farcical in the extreme.
Given that the DAA (and their minnions at Cork and Shannon) are obviously incompetent in almost every aspect of running an airport, they should be relinquished of their responsibilities and the management of the airports should be contracted out to someone who is willing to at least make an effort to do the job properly.