PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baron 55 or Seneca 2
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2006, 20:25
Mukosha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Jumbodrv.. good info on the Baron. I was also suprised that so little has been said on it. Though surely the Merc to the Sunny is a rather harsh comparison!

The 55 just seems to have too little space in it. The 58 is an option and obviously a good on. Am just concerned that despite being an amazing machine from a pilots perspective there is very little space once again. Yes the nose is good.. but that is all you have. Also from an operators perspective, I hear that they are expensive to maintain and thirsty on the fuel. Is this true, can anyone confirm or refute this? Also I have read that anyone buying a Baron should look at models produced after 1984 as the whole cockpit layout was drastically improved. Of course this means that i am looking at a much newer machine with a corispondingly high price.

Anyone got some good advice on how to layout an operators spreadsheet? Something that will tell me how much I need to fly a month to make repayments and what I should charge my clients!?