PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kokkinelli and the EU
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2006, 19:27
maxburner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah, the memories come flooding back.

One of my colleagues on 56 used to buy a demijohn of KK and back home would decant it into Harvey's Bristol Cream bottles. When his mum-in-law came round he would produce the Bristol Cream and she would be comatose in minutes.

We had some KK fuelled mayhem in Cyprus. Perhaps the best night was a case of collective insanity on the way back from Paphos. People were climbing out of the bus rear fire escape door, up onto the roof rack and then hanging upside down in front of the poor unfortunate driver (who was, I suspect, a cousin of Chris). We got stopped by the SBA police in Epi. The **** hit the fan the next day when the boss, who had been elsewhere, got the news via the Staish and the whole squadron was lined up along the stairs on golf dispersal, up to the boss's office, to be shouted at. Luckily I was a mere Fg Off so there was plenty of top cover, and plenty of folks ahead of me to take some of the sting out of it. In truth, the boss was starting to see the funny side by the time I got there. The groundcrew loved it, of course. All the aircrew, hung over and looking like death warmed up, being shouted at like naughty schoolboys. Wonderful. I suspect the banner was entirely safe that afternoon.