PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Luxor Crew arrested in CCS
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2006, 17:27
karroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there!!

Well at this stage of events it shouldn't be any more new versions, and the one above is premiere for me. I am portuguese I followed the case with some interest and I never heard this version of the co pilot provide the keys to load the baggage.
Since the copilot is already in Portugal FREE and it toke almost 2 years for the family, friends and the portuguese pilots association to help him, I think that the guy was not guilty.
Here are few facts that I know from our TV and by the co pilot himself.

* The police in portugal knew about this drug scam and they were preparing to catch the PASSENGERS here in Portugal, the crew was not involved according to portuguese police.
* The crew and if I remeber the co pilot call the attention of the suitcases, because it wasn't in the initial load planing and it could overweight the airplane. So if the copilot was the one to catch, then he should be really stupid trying to take off knowing that he couldn't. Believe me, if you want, the guy is a good professional.
* One person was arrested in Portugal and I think that the passengers still in prison in Venezuela.

So the only reason to keep the copilot is to keep the airplane the longest time, and if they had to arrest someonein the crew it should have been the Captain... IMO.
Just for curiosity, the flight attendent was not scheduled for that flight she did it because the other was ill, it was her first flight... the crew spent the 2 first nights in the prison's open yard under the rain...

Regards

PS: I know there is alot of people with good knowledge about this case, I hope they could step in and add more stuff.