PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Are My Chances ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2006, 15:36
boeing737-700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi Obbie,
I didn't mean to take this thread away from your original topic, sorry.

PAFB is right, Sterling is a can of worms..., but rumour has it, they are looking at employing 60 something pilots early next year. (info from Sterling instructors, though I can't see it happening, at least not that many pilots.)

They would probably also require you to buy a 737NG typerating from them at a cost of approx. 220.000,- dkr.(USD 37.300,- Euros 29.500,- GBP 20.000,- this is not a bond, it is to be paid upfront) that was this years price, I'm sure it will be more expensive next year, then you have to add the 6 touch and goes on top of that.

I agree with Crossunder, Twin2040 and others, why not look at some of the airlines in the UK, there is a huge demand at the moment, the pay is a lot better than Sterlings. (Better to be paid in Sterling than by Sterling )and there is no language barrier. It does mean that you will have to commute, but that is how many many Scandinavians work these days.

Trolle may also have a point, depending on your circumstances, Denmark may not grant you a workpermit straight away.

Good luck with your job search though, I hope things work out for you and the missus.

Best regards,

N.B. Why not try Air Alsie at www.alsie.com look under jobs.
They were looking for pilots not that long ago, although their website, does not say that they are recruiting now.
Give the chief pilot a call, or send him an e-mail.
They operate very nice biz-jets, info. found at their website which is in english.
Also not a problem that you don't speak danish, this I now for a fact.
You would have to live fairly close (60 to 90 mins., my own guesstimate) to the city of Sønderborg though, which is in the
south of Denmark. (Nice area)

Last edited by boeing737-700; 19th Sep 2006 at 15:48. Reason: extra info