PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 2
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2006, 12:40
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jabird
I suspect some serious pontificating in your posting. What I tend to agree with however is that it is unlikely that between now & next summer that any Loco will jump in '100%' and take up what were two based units at MME. These things take time, marketing & equipment for starters have long lead times.
The down side is that as the BMIbaby MME operation was in itself fairly small in global terms, albeit large in terms of MME's op's. Ecconomies of scale are surely lost on single based units in what is already a very competitive market, and so any incumbent Loco is at a disadvantage to the competion at NCL & LBA before it even commences.
I also don't go too much on W's, one would need a serious number of this type of op to fill the gaps. As for Wizz unsure where this came from...probably more likely in that 'destination based' carriers may incur lower overheads / setup costs than other options. One has to ask, is such a service likely to be a sustainable high volume Loco route ? I suspect that LS developments elsewhere may have some impact on the success or failure of this.